Thursday, July 14, 2005

 

Success

success n.1. The achievement of something desired, planned, or attempted 2. The gaining of fame or prosperity.

How do you measure success? In a recent conversation with my cousin, my nephew, and my uncle, I made the statement that I had not been that successful. My cousin asked in so many words, why I thought that. I didn't have an instant answer to that thought provoking question. I have pondered that for weeks and realize that I am in fact very successful.

I survived my young adulthood, in spite of many mistakes. I graduated from high school and college. I have only spent one night in jail in almost 50 years and that was in 1975. I have been blessed with very good friends and hopefully few enemies. The mortgage company and I have a wonderful home full of great pets. I have been at a job I love since I was 27 years old.I have a loving extended family and a partner that is a perfect match. I have many more good days than bad and am happy most of the time. I am not wealthy, but I get my bills paid. I don't have a large nest egg, but I want for nothing.

I have few regrets as I look back on my life.

Was it luck???

I think not.

Comments:
Successful and blessed.
 
To paraphrase The Wizard Of Oz when he presented the heart shaped watch to the Tin Man, "Success is not determined by how much you love others, but by how much others love you." Now, who wants to hold Amanda while I slap her?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?